Professional Fellowship in the Treatment of Foster Youth
Please fill out the appication at the bottom of this page.
The Fellowship includes a three-day residential meeting in downtown san Francisco where our Clinical Directors from across the country gather to:
• Build and share knowledge
• Network with other mental health professionals
• Expand leadership for the foster care community
The conference offers an opportunity for staff, board, and volunteer Clinical Directors to come together. The core program includes formal and informal presentations by the staff of A Home Within, experienced Clinical Directors, and guest speakers from fields relevant to our work. Past workshops have included:
• Ethical and legal issues in the treatment of foster children and youth
• Effective public speaking
• Leadership development in action
• Clinical presentations:
- Anxiety vs PTSD: Differential Diagnosis
- Forming a relationship with youth who are afraid of relationships
- Addressing burn out: The effects of low morale on the treatment of youth in the foster care community
A Home Within is accredited by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education courses. We offer approximately 25 CEUs at each annual meeting. A Home Within provides transportation and lodging. We know that good food promotes good fellowship and see the annual meeting as an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful tastes of San Francisco.
This year’s meeting will be held at the Omni Hotel from January 25th to 28th, 2012.
A Home Within, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. A Home Within, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content. A Home Within, Inc. is also approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences to sponsor continuing education credits for MFT's and LCSW's (Provider #PCE3091).