California Clinical Director
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Reed Connell, Executive Director
A Home Within is a national non-profit that recruits and supports licensed clinicians who provide pro bono, weekly therapy to current and former foster youth. The average relationship between our volunteer therapists and their foster youth clients lasts three years. Since its founding in 2001, A Home Within has supported more than 1,800 clients. We currently serve hundreds of foster youth across 12 states.
A Home Within is currently scaling its successful California pilot collaboration with Court Appointed Special Advocates of Contra Costa County (CASA), the A Home Within—CASA Therapy Project. The Project provides teletherapy to youth in foster care throughout California. The California Clinical Director holds primary responsibility for providing clinical leadership and support to the program’s volunteers and staff.
The California Clinical Director is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates must be licensed to practice as an LCSW, MFT, or Psychologist in the state of California.
The primary role of the California Clinical Director is to ensure a high-quality clinical experience for participating foster youth. Primary responsibilities include carefully vetting and onboarding new volunteers, providing and facilitating proactive individual and group clinical consultation, and supporting the development and implementation of high-quality policies and procedures.
The California Clinical Director is supervised by the Executive Director and is part of a team comprised of the staff of both A Home Within and CASA. As a member of the leadership team responsible for scaling the program, The California Clinical Director participates in program development and decision making and demonstrates leadership to staff and volunteers.
- Proactively and creatively nurture volunteers’ commitment and connection to the mission of the organization
- Conduct pre-service interviews of volunteer and make recommendations regarding matching, training, and clinical support needs
- Implement and improve individual and group consultation offerings
- Support volunteers in connecting with community resources as appropriate
- Coordinate with CASA, social workers, foster parents, and other key individuals in clients’ lives, as necessary and appropriate
- Support the development and implementation of pre-service training and the ongoing continuing education program
- Partner with AHW contracted researchers to document and evaluate the impact of the program
- Support regular volunteer recruitment campaigns and develop referral relationships
- Supervise relevant program and administrative staff and contractors
- Currently licensed to practice in California
- Knowledge of foster care and other public child-serving systems
- Familiarity and confidence with online platforms and tools
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to create timely, high-quality deliverables
- Experience supervising staff
Individuals with lived experience of foster care are encouraged to apply.
Physical demands include standing or sitting in a stationary position approximately 75% of working hours, constantly operating a computer and related peripherals, and telephonic communication with volunteers, clients, and partners.
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage available
- Flexible work schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-Discrimination Statement
A Home Within is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability or differential ability, status as a military veteran or other applicable legally protected characteristics.