California Program Coordinator
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Reed Connell, Executive Director
A Home Within is a national non-profit that recruits and supports licensed clinicians who provide pro bono, weekly therapy to current and former foster youth. The average relationship between our volunteer therapists and their foster youth clients lasts three years. Since its founding in 2001, A Home Within has supported more than 1,800 clients. We currently serve hundreds of foster youth across 12 states.
A Home Within is currently scaling its successful California pilot collaboration with Court Appointed Special Advocates of Contra Costa County, the A Home Within—CASA Therapy Project. The Project provides teletherapy to youth in foster care throughout California. The California Program Coordinator holds primary responsibility for the administrative and non-clinical components of the program.
The California Program Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position, part of a team coordinated virtually by leadership located in the Bay Area. Under supervision of the Executive Director and California Clinical Director, the California Program Coordinator receives and processes volunteer applications and referrals of youth in need of services; facilitates the vetting and onboarding of volunteer therapists; and participates in matching of youth with available volunteers. The California Program Coordinator also provides proactive ongoing support to program volunteers throughout the state, including by maintaining regular contact with individual volunteers and cohorts; facilitating their access to clinical supports including training and consultation; and implementing volunteer recognition strategies.
- Receive and respond to client referrals
- Maintain a database of client information
- Schedule and implement client interviews and assessments
- Receive and process volunteer applications
- Answer questions, review applications, and conduct background checks according to agency protocol
- Schedule and document volunteer interviews
- Facilitate onboarding of new volunteers
- Facilitate matching of volunteer clinicians and youth
- Maintain client waiting lists, volunteer roster, and list of current availabilities
- Facilitate matching and service initiation according to agency protocols
- Provide continuous, proactive support to volunteers
- Maintain contact with individual volunteers and cohorts of volunteer
- Receive and route volunteer requests and inquiries
- Facilitate volunteers’ access to available clinical supports including 1:1 consultation, continuing education, and consultation groups
- Implement volunteer recognition and retention strategies
- Support all other core organizational functions as needed and requested
- Communications and development
- Outreach and recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Knowledge of foster care and/or publicly funded children’s programs
- Knowledge of psychology, mental healthcare, and/or related fields
- Database management experience (working knowledge of AirTable preferred)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Located in California
Individuals with lived experience of foster care are encouraged to apply.
Physical demands include standing or sitting in a stationary position approximately 75% of working hours, constantly operating a computer and related peripherals, and telephonic communication with volunteers, clients, and partners.
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Full medical coverage available
- Flexible work schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-Discrimination Statement
A Home Within is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability or differential ability, status as a military veteran or other applicable legally protected characteristics.