About the Training
The relationships children have with the adults at school are often some of the most important ongoing relationships they’ll have with any adult outside of their homes. These relationships have the potential to help heal the effects of trauma.
At the end of this training you will:
- Learn how trauma can interfere with the cognitive, emotional and behavioral processes needed to process new information
- Understand how traumatic experiences can be acted out in the classroom
- Understand calming and focusing techniques to help traumatized children and youth better take in new information
At the end of each training you will find:
- a form for evaluating the training,
- a form for submitting a question to our panel of experts.