About this training
Infants who have been traumatized will have much more difficulty attaining the organization necessary for healthy development.
This training reviews current research about the effects of trauma and organizes its impact along four aspects of development — physical, cognitive, social, and emotional. It then provides examples and suggestions about how to respond in ways that promote growth and healthy relationships.
At the end of this training you will:
- Understand the effects of trauma on the rapidly evolving teenage brain
- Understand how trauma affects overall teen development, including physical, emotional, social, and psychological
- Learn techniques to help promote growth and healthy relationships with traumatized teens
At the end of each training you will find:
- a form for evaluating the training,
- a form for submitting a question to our panel of experts
This training is designed to help non-clinicians understand the effects of trauma and respond in ways that promote growth and healthy relationships.