CAN TRAUMA STEAL A CHILDHOOD?
HOW CAN A CHILD WHO IS TOO AFRAID TO PLAY BEGIN TO FEEL LIKE A REGULAR KID—TO BE HAPPY, TO ENJOY SCHOOL, TO HAVE FRIENDS?
WATCH SARA’S STORY.
Research shows that 4 out of 5 children seen by A Home Within show statistically significant improvement in psychological, behavioral and social outcomes.
There are too many kids like Sara.
More than 400,000 children are in the foster care system, waiting for a place to call home.
Here’s what they can expect when they grow up…
• PTSD – twice as likely
• Chronic health problems and unemployment – 50%
• Graduate from college – Less than 10%
• Incarcerated – 10 times more likely
• Homelessness – Over 35%
In the last year, A Home Within:
- Served 300+ current and former foster children and youth
- Expanded its Clinical Chapters of therapists in New York City, Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Added 13 new Clinical Directors to lead Chapters.
- Introduced 16 decks of Conversation Cards for traumatized children and youth.
- Launched 7 online trainings for parents and professionals caring for traumatized children and youth.