Using These Cards
Conversation Cards offer almost unlimited possibilities for engaging youth in important and meaningful discussions. Teachers have used them to enhance educational plans. Counselors find them valuable for introducing sensitive topics. Therapists make them available when clients are stuck. Staff and volunteers working with vulnerable populations turn to them for ideas about how to approach youth who seem too scared to talk. Foster parents find them a helpful tool for getting to know the children who come into their care.
- The photograph on the front of each card helps to open the conversation.
- The reverse offers a quote related to the theme.
- A suggestion for reflecting on the quote follows.
- Each card ends with an idea for an activity.
- A booklet to guide the use of these Conversation Cards accompanies each deck.