It’s not easy to find the right time, the right place, and the right words to tackle serious topics. This deck of sixteen cards is designed to provide some structure when talking to the important people in your life. Each card begins with a quote, continues with a reflection, and ends with an activity.
GET UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THE COMPLETE LIBRARY
- ✔ - All Core Online Trainings
- ✔ - All Special Topics Online Trainings
- ✔ - All Core Conversation Cards
- ✔ - All Special Topics Conversation Cards
- ✔ - Available Certificate of Completion
- ✔ - Available 24/7 Unlimited Online Access
- ✔ - Cancel Anytime
Using These Cards
Conversation Cards offer almost unlimited possibilities for engaging youth in important and meaningful discussions. Teachers have used them to enhance educational plans. Counselors find them valuable for introducing sensitive topics. Therapists make them available when clients are stuck. Staff and volunteers working with vulnerable populations turn to them for ideas about how to approach youth who seem too scared to talk. Foster parents find them a helpful tool for getting to know the children who come into their care.
- The photograph on the front of each card helps to open the conversation.
- The reverse offers a quote related to the theme.
- A suggestion for reflecting on the quote follows.
- Each card ends with an idea for an activity.
- A booklet to guide the use of these Conversation Cards accompanies each deck.
“These cards were surprisingly easy to use in the youth group I supervise. The quotes, suggestions and activities were helpful conversation starters and the kids (ages 12-14), enjoyed having the deck as well. I highly recommend this tool.” A. Smith, Youth Counselor